Shop/Road Mechanics – Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton & Elmira
(LP-Gas-Diesel-Electric Heavy Duty Equipment Repair)
We are seeking qualified Shop/Road Mechanics at all locations. Experience and knowledge working with electric and internal combustion powered machines such as Earth Moving Equipment, Forklift, Crane/Boom Trucks, Trash Hauling and Road Paving Equipment.
You will be required to diagnose, adjust, repair, and perform planned maintenance work on mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic material handling and/or compact construction and related equipment ensuring service meets all customers needs and requirements.
Minimum Qualification Standards
- High school diploma or equivalent required and three to five years experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy duty construction or firefighting equipment required.
- Total knowledge of repairs, maintenance, and overhaul of equipment.
- Must be able to work beyond scheduled works hours and available on-call when needed.
- Must supply your own working set of professional grade tools.
- Ability to obtain current forklift operator certification and have a valid/clean NYS drivers license.
- Must be able to read a map, understand directions, and follow standard operating procedures.
- The ability to stay current and understand the service and training manuals, including the ability to interpret schematics and effectively use electrical diagnostic instruments.
- Must be able to diagnose problems and perform repairs on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Must be able to work independently using effective organizational and time management skills with minimum direction.
- Can safely operate hand and power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and material handling equipment.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with customers/coworkers and prepare paperwork in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to perform strenuous and heavy work; exert force up to 100 pounds on occasion and frequently handle loads to 50 pounds. Must have the physical stamina to perform continuously with full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.
Professional Forklift Sales Representative – Albany
We are seeking an Outside Sales Rep that is self-motivated, competitive, organized and goal-oriented with experience in selling electric and internal combustion powered material handling equipment in the territories of Saratoga, Plattsburgh, and Western Vermont.
You will be required to sell our line of equipment along with aftermarket parts, service and rental to new and existing customers throughout assigned geographic territories. During a typical 50 hour work week responsibilities include maintaining and growing a customer base through effective sales strategies, interacting with customers, prospects, and internal staff on products and services, completing administrative duties such as conducting surveys and preparing proposals, scheduling sales calls, and developing sales reports. Candidates will be required to travel daily to develop and maintain business relationships and demonstrate products at customer locations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Associate’s degree in business, marketing, or related field and three to five years of outside industrial sales experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at the time of hire, and maintain throughout employment, a valid NYS drivers’ license free of major infractions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing, to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to analyze, solve problems, gather data and prepare reports.
- Ability to follow up on sales leads and referrals.
- Ability to send/receive email messages, post information to a database or spreadsheet, and perform basic data entry.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative in meeting sales and revenue goals.
- Ability to travel throughout the area on a daily basis.
Benefits: Health Insurance; 401K; Paid Holidays; Vacation and Sick Days; Life Insurance and Supplemental; Dental, STD, LTD.
Additional Benefits / Discounts: Company T-shirts; Theme Park Tickets; Cell Phone Savings; Online Shopping; Auto Parts; Employee Assistance Program, etc.
Prerequisites: Profile test, Physical and Substance testing.
Thompson & Johnson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, (M/F/D/V) Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran.